- 3 large ripe bananas
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients in a food processor – the peeled bananas, sugar, egg, vegetable oil. Process until you achieve a smooth consistency. Add the resulting puree to the flour mixture.
- Line your muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Fill the muffin cups close to the top. Per 1 muffin I use 1 large overfilled tablespoon of the muffin batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
You can tell the muffins are fully baked when a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean
Do you know the difference between good banana bread muffins and great banana bread muffins. Let me share it with you – it is how moist your bread is. Moist banana muffins melt in your mouth and the great ones are over-the-top moist.
In the learning process, I found out how to get that moisture in my muffins. It is so simple. Just use the bananas that your kids won’t even get near. You know, the ones with dark mushy spots. These over-ripe bananas have fully developed sugars and their soft texture makes the best banana muffins.
Warm from the oven, the homemade banana bread muffins are a special treat. From classic banana bread to versions with added dry fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, these muffins turn out moist and sweet every single time.
- Serving Size
- 62 g (1 muffin)
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- Dietary Fiber