- 1 package rigatoni pasta (around 450 grams)
- 2 cups butternut squash, sliced in cubes
- 1 cup hot water or vegetable stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp of fresh thyme
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Add the butternut squash and onion to a preheated skillet with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until they develop some color and cook down a bit (around 12-15 minutes). Then add the garlic and let it cook for just a minute.
- Add the cup of hot water to the medium cooked butternut squash, onion and garlic. Let it cook until the butternut squash is nice and tender (around 15-18 minutes).
- Add the rigatoni to large pot filled with boiling water and a good pinch of salt. Cook the pasta for 8-12 minutes (according to package instructions). Once the rigatoni pasta is cooked, drain it and put it back in the same pot.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the drained pasta.
- Chop the parsley and thyme.
- Finally, sprinkle the rigatoni with the fresh herbs and grated parmesan cheese, toss it all together and serve.
- Serving Size
- 225 g
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- Dietary Fiber