- 1 bunch kale
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Toast the walnuts in dry skillet over medium heat.
- Remove the kale ribs and chop the leaves in bite-size pieces. Place the kale in a large bowl and drizzle less that a Tbsp olive oil over it. Massage with your hand for 2-3 minutes and let it stand while you prepare the apple and the dressing. This is the trick to tenderize pieces of kale for a salad.
- Dice the granny smith apple. And add it to the kale. Add the toasted walnuts.
- In a small jar, add the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, some salt and ground black pepper. Put the lid on and shake to mix everything together.
- Pour the dressing all over the kale salad. Toss everything together. Put in a nice serving bowl and enjoy!
If you choose to use baby kale leaves you can skip massaging the kale. This process helps turn tough raw kale into the perfect leafy bite.
Kale Apple & Walnut salad. With kale, like the leafy vegetable. The green one. But it’s delicious and nutritious and making me feel all healthy.
A colorful combination of flavors and textures for your holiday table.
- Serving Size
- 250 g
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- Dietary Fiber