- 1 kg corned beef brisket
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 8 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 head cabbage, cut
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In large pot, add the beef brisket and cover with water. Add the bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and cook until tender.
- Add the cabbage and fresh thyme and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the meat and vegetables from the broth. Slice the meat. Add butter to the broth.
- Serve the vegetables and sliced meat. Add the broth. Garnish with pickles, parsley or other fresh herb.
You don't need to be Irish to make this classic dish for dinner on St. Patrick's Day: simple corned beef with cabbage, carrots, potatoes, bay leaf and thyme. Everything in one pot. So simple, isn't it !?
- Serving Size
- 558 g
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- 1 980mg
- Total Carbohydrates
- Dietary Fiber