- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can / 800ml whole San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- Provolone cheese (optional: to add at the end as topping or cheese toast)
- Add the oil to a soup pot and preheat it over medium-high heat. Add the chopped carrots, onion, and garlic and cook them for about 5 to 6 minutes or until they start to cook down.
- Add vegetable broth, thyme,salt, and tomatoes to the pot and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Purée the soup with a hand-held immersion blender (or in a regular blender) until smooth.
- Serve the soup with some more fresh thyme and freshly grated Provolone cheese or with Provolone cheese toast.
For the perfect Provolone cheese toast, use sandwich bread with a piece of Provolone cheese. Pop in the oven for about 5 minutes at 180C - 200C and sprinkle with fresh thyme, salt, and pepper.
Pop Quiz: what’s super easy, made with ingredients you probably already have (think carrot, onion, garlic, and can of whole peeled tomatoes), and ultra joy-giving in the last cold days of winter?
Answers: THIS SIMPLE HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP.
I probably don’t even need to tell you that this tomato soup should be on your dinner table tonight. So easy. It's a MUST.
From the aromatic sauteed garlic, translucent onion, and tender carrots to the fresh, sweet, herby thyme flavor to the just-best Italian San Marzano tomatoes ...
Get in the kitchen. Prep the veggies. Cook the soup. Meanwhile make some Provolone cheese toasts. And before you knew, you are already done. So simple, isn't it!
- Serving Size
- 390 g
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- Dietary Fiber