- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Bake the peeled and cubes pumpkin in preheated oven to 180 C over a baking sheet with parchment paper until fork tender. When it is ready, remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil, then add the finely chopped onion and cook for 5 mins.
- Pour 2 cups lukewarm water into the pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 mins. Add the pumpkin and the coconut milk, then season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let it cook for 5 more minutes, then purée with a hand blender.
- Serve topped with fresh herbs like thyme or parsley and drizzled with cream, if you want.
If you want an extra-velvety pumpkin soup, you can push the soup through a fine sieve into another pan.
The soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
A creamy soup that's so simple and not from a can? Genius!
This pumpkin soup is so easy and tasty ... food heaven in a bowl that everyone would dream to sip in these cold days.
Just peel and dice the pumpkin, place it in the oven and let it bake... by itself. When it's ready, let it cool. No pureeing yet. You'll do that at the end.
Here's how you make it...
- Serving Size
- 357 g
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- Dietary Fiber