- 2 whole trout, cleaned and gutted
- 2 lemons, sliced in half-moons
- 10 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F/220C/Gas Mark 7.
- Rinse the trout well under cold water, then pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Place the fish on a roasting tray sprayed with a no-stick cooking spray. Season it with salt and fresh ground black pepper on both sides and in the inside cavity as well.
- Make angled incisions on the top side of the fish, about 4 on a fish.
- Use lemon slices and oregano sprigs to stuff into the incisions and cavity, then drizzle the stuffed parts with olive oil.
- Roast the fish in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Serve with some fresh lemon slices and fresh veggies according to your preference.
You won’t go wrong if you serve the roasted trout with fresh cucumber, sliced and drizzled over with lemon juice.
A simple, beautiful way to roast trout!
Quick and healthy! This roasted trout is such a great option for both easy weeknight dinners and special occasions too.
- Serving Size
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- Dietary Fiber