Baked Parmesan Mozzarella Tomatoes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
A touch of garlic and melted mozzarella and a pinch of oregano transform tomatoes into the perfect appetizer.
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella, finely grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4.
- In a bowl, combine the grated mozzarella, oregano, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and, using a spoon, scoop out the middle of each half.
- Fill the tomato halves with the mozzarella stuffing and top each one with freshly grated Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is golden in spots.