Incredible flavors – fresh mint, lemon, orange. Topped with a homemade dressing.
This salad would make a wonderful side dish to a crispy avocado toast topped with poached egg.
Beet and Lettuce Salad with Mint
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
This simple Beet and Lettuce salad has incredible flavors – fresh mint, lemon, orange. Topped with a homemade dressing.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 small beetroot
- 10 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- juice of ½ lemon
- juice of ½ orange
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Rinse and dry the iceberg and the romaine lettuce. Cut the salad leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Trim, rinse, peel, and grate the beetroot.
- In a large salad bowl, add the grated beet, the sliced mint leaves and the two types of lettuce. Toss until well combined.
- To make the dressing, in a small cup mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, orange juice, black pepper and salt to taste (try a pinch first) and whisk furiously.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine.
- Serve as salad or as side dish.