Dennis Wong/Flickr/Creative Commons
Chestnut Truffle Cake
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 hours setting in the fridge
- Total Time: 12 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 12
This Chestnut Truffle Cake makes the perfect gluten-free dessert for the Holidays.
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp brandy
- 400 g chestnuts, cooked
- 100 g sugar
- confectioners sugar or fresh strawberries, to decorate
- Chop 100 g dark chocolate into cubes. In a mixing bowl, add the chocolate cubes and softened butter and top with a steaming hot milk. Gently stir the mixture until the chocolate cubes melt. Then add 1 Tbsp brandy and 1 tsp vanilla extract to the chocolate sauce.
- In a food processor, add 400 g chestnuts and 100 g sugar. Process until smooth. Then add the chocolate mixture to the chestnuts and pulse again until smooth.
- In a loaf pan, lined with parchment paper, add the chocolate chestnut mixture . Cover the top of the pan with plastic wrap and let it cool in the fridge for about 12 hours or until set.
- For the topping, melt the remaining 100 g dark chocolate and 25 g unsalted butter. Bring the truffle out of the fridge and place it on a cake stand or a flat plate. Spread the topping over the top and pop the truffle in the fridge to set for a minimum of 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, dust some confectioners sugar all over the top or decorate with fresh strawberries for more Christmas feeling.
When slicing the chestnut truffle cake, wipe your knife in between cutting each slice so that all the slices come out nice and neat.