A chocolate lover’s utopia.
These muffins are my chocolate dreams coming true right in front of my face. 12 incredible muffins and delicious aroma all around my house.
Tender, soft, like a brownie, chocolate cake, and a big moist muffin all in one.
You cannot taste the instant espresso powder at all BUT it just makes that chocolate taste really chocolaty. Not at all overly sweet. The sour cream gives incredible fine moisture. Just the perfect chocolate dessert.
It is a really great muffin recipe.
Chocolate Cake Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
This recipe for chocolate cake muffins makes 12 fantastic choco cakes. 35 minutes start to finish.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted and ground coffee
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 grams sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, cocoa, coffee, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with sugar, vanilla and sour cream.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients bowl and mix until everything is incorporated and smooth.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Scoop batter into baking cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes (or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean).
The easiest way to tell your muffins are cooked all the way through is to take a toothpick and insert it into the center of the muffin - if it comes clean, with no wet batter on it, then you know your muffins are done.