Lovely ginger lime dressing and herbs lift this grilled mackerel to a very refined meal.
Grilled mackerel with ginger lime and coriander dressing
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 2
This grilled mackerel is incredibly delicious. The lovely ginger lime dressing and herbs lift the mackerel to a very refined meal.
- 2 small whole mackerel
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- black pepper
- 1 cup rice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cm ginger
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tsp dry chilli
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or sunflower oil
- zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- handful of coriander leaves
- Cook 1 cup rice in 2 cups boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- Gut and clean the fish.Butterfly and pin bone it.
- Grill the mackerel on a preheated grilling pan with the skin-side down. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and grate some lemon zest. Cook both sides until nicely crispy, around 8 - 10 minutes in total.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, add grated garlic clove, grated ginger, grated spring onion, juice and zest of 1/2 lime, chopped coriander leaves, dry chilly flakes, honey, soy sauce and oil. Mix everything.
- Serve the grilled mackerel over the cooked rice, drizzled with the incredibly delicious dressing. Enjoy!