Healthy Kale and Lentil Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
Bright kale ribbons and hearty lentils make this healthy soup the ultimate detox in a bowl.
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp cumin
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry the kale. Remove the stems and chop.
- In a large soup pot, add onion, garlic, carrot and olive oil and saute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the chopped kale, rinsed lentils and the broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Season with cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Serve with finely chopped parsley, to garnish.