Homemade Pie Crust
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes in the fridge
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 pie crust, 8 slices
TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE - This recipe shows how easy is it to make a pie crust from scratch using basic ingredients you probably have on hand.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4-5 Tbsp of water, ice cold
- Cut the butter in cubes (make sure it is cold).
- In large bowl, add the flour, butter, olive oil, sugar and salt.
- Mix it all together until the butter is the size of a breadcrumb (That could be done in a food processor but I usually do it with my fingers).
- Add the cold water 1 Tbsp at a time until all the crumbs are combined together.
- Put it onto a floured surface and form into a ball. Wrap it in plastic foil and let it cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the cooled dough on lightly floured surface forming a disk to fit the plate you are baking the pie.