Italian Marinara sauce
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour
This Italian Marinara Sauce recipe is going to be your favorite recipe for homemade tomato sauce since it's super tasty and easy to prepare.
- 1 l tomato juice
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Chop the carrots, garlic, onion and celery. Blend in food processor.
- Saute the vegetables in a preheated sauce pan with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Cook until lightly softened.
- Add the tomato juice, season with salt and pepper and add the bay leaves. Cook at low heat for about 1 hour.
- When the sauce is finally ready, remove the bay leaves.
- Serve the sauce with pasta or meatballs, or store in a jar in the refrigerator.
Nutrition per servingIn 100g sauce