Lemony Kale Salad with Mint
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2
This kale salad is so tasty. With lemon vinaigrette, fresh mint leaves and delicate garlic hint. Topped with homemade croutons.
- 1 bunch kale
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic
- black pepper
- To make the croutons, remove the bread crust and cut into cubes. Add to a preheated pan with olive oil and saute until golden. Set aside and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the dressing, in a food processor combine the lemon juice and zest, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Wash, dry and remove the stems of the kale. Cut it in bite-size ribbons. Do the same with the mint leaves.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale and mint. Add the lemon vinaigrette and mix well.
- Serve the kale salad topped with the homemade croutons and garnish with lemon zest.