Hello, June! Your summer warmth just makes me feel all PARTY.
Dessert party? Extra coffee? Yes?
And ... close up and in your face –> light tiramisu ♡!
Light Tiramisu Without Mascarpone
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 4 hours in the fridge
- Total Time: 10 minutes + 4 hours in the fridge
- Yield: 8
This light tiramisu recipe uses sour cream and strained yogurt instead of Mascarpone cheese to make this dessert lighter.
- 400 g sour cream
- 300 g strained yogurt
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 cup espresso, cooled
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp brandy, dark rum or Marsala
- 300 g ladyfingers Savoiardi
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, cream together the sour cream, strained yogurt and powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, add the coffee, granulated sugar and rum, mix and set aside.
- Have a square or rectangular baking pan ready to start assembling the tiramisu. Dip each ladyfinger in the coffee mixture and lay in the baking pan. Once the whole bottom of the pan is covered with ladyfingers, pour over half of the cream mixture and spread evenly. Top with 1 tbsp of sifted cocoa powder. Proceed with the second layer of coffee soaked ladyfingers. Spread over the remaining cream filling and top with the rest of the cocoa powder.
- Cover the pan with plastic foil and chill in the fridge for minimum 4 hours.