Northern Style German Potato Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
This potato salad is special because it's a traditional recipe from northern Germany. It is not a vinegar-based, but mayonnaise-based.
- 500 g potatoes
- 100 g bacon
- 1 red onion
- 3-4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chives
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In large pan, add the potatoes in cold water with a pinch of salt and bring to boil. Cook for 15-25 minutes or until a fork can be easily inserted. Drain and allow to cool.
- Finely chop the red onion and the chives.And cut the bacon in cubes.
- Once the potatoes are cooled enough, peel them and slice in cubes.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes, chopped onion, chives, bacon.
- Season with lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Gently mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for an hour to allow the flavors to blend.
Nutrition per serving