Nourishing Nettle Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
This soup is a rich source of minerals, carotenoids and anti-inflammatory compounds. The mild and earthy flavor makes it especially delicate.
- 300 g fresh nettle leaves, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp rice
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Wash, dry and chop the nettle using rubber gloves.
- In a large soup pot, add onion,carrot and olive oil and saute until the onion becomes translucent and develops a bit of color, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped nettle and stir constantly for 1 minute, add the stock and bring to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes. Add the rice and cook until ready.
- Add the sour cream and stir everything together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, sprinkle the finely chopped parsley over the top.
Nutrition per serving