Simple Apple Fritters with Cinnamon Cardamom Sugar
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 4
- Total Time: 14
- Yield: 6 apple fritters
These Apple Fritters with Cinnamon Cardamom Sugar are delicious treat ready in minutes. With just ONE apple!
- 1 big apple
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- oil, for frying
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, half of the cinnamon and pinch of salt. Gradually add in the milk and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a deep pan, heat the oil over medium-high, 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. In the meantime, peel and core the apple. Slice in 6 rings.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining cinnamon, sugar and cardamom.
- Dip each apple ring in the batter to coat completely, drip off the excess and gently place in the pan. Fry for 1 - 2 minutes per side, until golden. Fry in two batches.
- Remove the apple fritters from the pan with two forks and dip them in the cinnamon cardamom sugar bowl.
- Place fritters on a serving platter. Best served warm!
Deep-frying the apple fritters at a high temperature stops them absorbing too much oil.