You don't need to be Irish to make this classic dish for dinner on St. Patrick's Day: simple corned beef with cabbage, carrots, potatoes, bay leaf and thyme. Everything in one pot. So simple, isn't it !?
Simple Corned Beef
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 6
Simple Corned Beef recipe with cabbage, carrots, potatoes, fresh thyme and bay leaf.
- 1 kg corned beef brisket
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 8 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 head cabbage, cut
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In large pot, add the beef brisket and cover with water. Add the bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and cook until tender.
- Add the cabbage and fresh thyme and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the meat and vegetables from the broth. Slice the meat. Add butter to the broth.
- Serve the vegetables and sliced meat. Add the broth. Garnish with pickles, parsley or other fresh herb.
Nutrition per serving
- Salt1 980mg